With the release of SQL Server 2014 scheduled for April 2014, here are the Top 12 reasons to choose SQL for your business.
- SQL Server 2012 delivers a ROI of up to 189% with a 1-year payback period.
- Microsoft DBAs run more mission critical databases, when compared to Oracle DBAs.
- SQL Server enables 1 million commands per second.
- SQL Server is the most secure of any of the major database platforms.
- SQL Server scales to 250 million subscribers.
- SQL Server delivers a 460% difference in annual cost of administration per database over Oracle.
- Microsoft recognised as a leader of Business Intelligence by Gartner.
- Process 14.8 million email messages in 24 hours.
- Microsoft recognised as a leader in Data Warehousing by Gartner.
- Power Pivot was voted one of eWeek’s Top 10 Technologies of 2010.
- SQL Server reduces downtime by over 20% by migrating an SAP ERP environment to SQL Server.
- Cut reporting time by 20%.*
* Statistics and figures courtesy of microsoft.com/sql server
Have a comment? Let us know below, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org