SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 2 (SP2) RTM is now available for download on the Microsoft Download Center.
According to the official Microsoft SQL Server Blog, “SQL Server 2012 SP2 contains fixes to issues that have been reported through our customer feedback platforms and Hotfix solutions provided in SQL Server 2012 SP1 cumulative updates up to and including Cumulative Update 9. Service Pack 2 also includes a handful of design change requests and fixes for issues that have been reported through Windows Error Reporting system.”
Customer-requested updates in Microsoft SQL Server 2012 SP2 include:
- Enhanced informational messages about AlwaysOn availability groups.
- Performance improvements for SQL Server Integration Services around SSIDB deadlock/cleanup.
- Query planning enhancements and improved troubleshooting diagnostics for hash join/aggregate operator spills of data in tempdb and full text indexes.
- Replication supportability and functionality enhancements.
- Storage engine performance enhancements.
Learn more about SQL Server from the Ballard Chalmers Tech Talk Blog team here.