The new BizTalk Server product will be commercially released in Q4 2016, following the beta release in Q3 according to a white paper released by Microsoft.
Its release will follow the general availability of Windows Server 2016, SQL Server 2016, and Visual Studio 2015 and the white paper cites a number of key planned features for BizTalk Server “2016”:
- Platform alignment — SQL 2016, Windows Server 2016, Office 2016 and latest release of Visual Studio.
- BizTalk support for SQL 2016 AlwaysOn Availability Groups both on-premises and in Azure IaaS to provide high availability (HA).
- HA production workloads supported in Azure IaaS.
- Tighter integration between BizTalk Server and API connectors to enable BizTalk Server to consume our cloud connectors such as SalesForce.Com and O365 more easily.
- Numerous enhancements including:
– Improved SFTP adapter,
– Improved WCF NetTcpRelay adapter with SAS support
– WCF-SAP adapter based on NCo (.NET library)
– SHA2 support.
- Host Integration Server “2016”:
– New and improved BizTalk adapters for Informix, MQ & DB2.
– Improvements to PowerShell integration and installation and configuration.
For more details, the white paper is available for download as PDF via microsoft.com here.