Microsoft announced the release plans of wave 2 for the Power Platform in June. Early access will be available 2nd August with general availability hitting 1st October.
Microsoft stated: “The Microsoft Power Platform enables users and organizations to analyze, act, and automate on the data to digitally transform their businesses. The Power Platform today is comprised of three products – Power BI, PowerApps, and Flow.”
What to Expect with 2019 Power Platform Release Wave Two
This release wave contains big improvements for app makers.
The new releases not only see new capabilities but improvements to existing concepts to simplify and increase productivity for both the end-user and maker.
- PowerApps is getting major improvements to enable higher-quality apps to be built more easily while still supporting high-end administrative and enterprise functions.
- PowerApp Portals are new portals that surface data stored in Common Data Service to employees or users.
- Microsoft Flow will see smarter and more powerful experiences for Flow makers, end users and administrators.
- AI Builder will be a brand-new capability for the Power Platform, bringing the power of Microsoft AI through a point-and-click experience.
- Power BI will empower organizations to more easily make decisions off data rather than opinions. The upcoming release will see new capabilities in intuitive experiences, a unified BI platform, big data analytics and pervasive AI.
- Data integration improvements will see built-in connectivity to the Power Platform and more, with data across hundreds of systems.
For more information, see the Microsoft document here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform-release-plan/2019wave2/