Microsoft has launched Azure SQL Data Warehouse as Azure Synapse Analytics. Taking its data-warehouse solution to the next level in both performance and capabilities.
With Azure Synapse, you can build, manage, collaborate and analyse your data all within the same service.
Key Features & Capabilities
- This is the first and currently the only analytics system to run all TPC-H queries at petabyte-scale.
- Data professionals can query both relational and non-relational data using the SQL language. Query using serverless on-demand queries or provisioned resources, the single service works for both.
- The scale is limitless. Data professionals can optimize all queries with intelligent workload management, workload isolation and boundless concurrency.
- Get insights from all your data at high speeds across data warehouse and big data analytics systems.
- Azure Synapse is integrated with Power BI and Azure Machine Learning meaning business intelligence and machine learning is built-in.
- Effortlessly apply intelligence to all your data, whether it is from Dynamics 365, Office 365 or SaaS services.
- The Azure Synapse provides an end-to-end unified experience in an integrated workspace for data prep, data management, data warehousing, big data, and AI tasks
- Enjoy the advanced security and privacy features which are built into Azure. This includes automated threat detection and always-on data encryption.
- Apply column-level security, native row-level security and dynamic data masking to protect data in real-time for fine-grained access control.
Find out More
Organizations can continue using their existing data warehouse workloads and new capabilities will be automatically applied as they come out of preview. On an immediate basis, organizations can put their data to work with Azure Synapse to enjoy higher speeds, security and increased productivity.