Following on from the preview announcement in summer 2020, .NET Core support for Azure Analysis Services client libraries is now generally available.
Per the update announcement, the Azure team has made the following enhancements:
• “Support the latest .NET Core release (currently version 3.1) and the latest .NET Runtime (currently version 5.0.1).
• “Support both framework-dependent and self-contained publishing modes so you can deploy your solutions in environments with and without the .NET Core Framework installed.
• “Support for Power BI Premium through XMLA endpoints.
• “Support for on-premises SQL Server Analysis Services in addition to Azure Analysis Services and Power BI.
• “Windows authentication support without requiring the deployment of the .NET Desktop runtime.
• “Support for Business Intelligence Semantic Model (BISM) connection files.”