Welcome to a company where your ideas count, where your talent is valued and where your dedication is rewarded. Welcome to Ballard Chalmers.
Role: Technical Delivery Manager – for Custom Software Development Outsourcing
Job Type: Permanent
Location: East Grinstead
Salary: c£60k dependent on experience
Ballard Chalmers specialises in software design, development and ongoing support for enterprise systems on the Microsoft platform and deployed on the Microsoft Azure Cloud, as well as on-premises and hybrid systems. Our areas of expertise are: Microsoft .NET & Azure, SQL Server and BizTalk Server. With over 30 years of industry experience and as a Microsoft Gold Partner with 5 Gold Competencies, we have a well-earned reputation for delivering our expert services.
You will directly manage between 1 and 5 software engineers and testers on each of your client projects, which will number around 5. You will own delivery of quality bespoke Microsoft-stack solutions with tight control of scope and budget alongside constant client liaison.
- Owning the end-to-end delivery of multiple software development projects of varying size and complexity in a dynamic and agile environment.
- Project size generally varies between 30 and 300 days of effort
- Detailed day to day task and performance management of Software Engineers and Testers throughout the full PDLC.
- Maintaining and managing collaborative client relationships during the PDLC
- Strong management of budget, scope, tasks and timelines and effective mitigation of deviations
- Absolute Attention to detail
- Apply your historic hands-on technical background to effectively manage and communicate at both business and technical level with clients and team.
- Able to produce detailed plans, reports, budgets and other documentation but the paperwork is a reflection of, and aid to, your detailed resource and client management. It is not your primary focus – managing the tasks and team is.
- Identify, confront and address issues across tech, scope, time and budget.
- Detailed practical experience and understanding of the pros and cons of different delivery methodologies and ability to harness them appropriately (such as Agile and Waterfall).
- Self-managing across projects and priorities yet constantly communicating to the internal and external team so never chased for information.
IMPORTANT READ THIS BEFORE CONTACTING US:
This role is only for someone with existing day to day delivery management experience in commercial outsourced custom software development within a consultancy or software house. If your main experience is internal delivery in enterprise-level organisations, change management, digital transformation, or any other form of program or project management, please do not apply for this role.
This position is for individual application only – strictly no agencies, please.
Letter from our Managing Director
Ballard Chalmers takes pride in consistently delivering top-quality services for our clients. We value our employees’ and associates’ innovation and we have a keen interest in the personal and technical development of our staff. We understand that an organisation is only the sum of its people and technical people need new challenges!
By maintaining these core people-based values as we have grown, we have built an excellent organisation that consistently achieves great results and we are all proud of our team.
Together we have created a really good environment to work in including the office based here in Sussex, client-site contracts in London and elsewhere, as well as home-working opportunities which we always support where we can.
You are welcome to apply to join us and be a part of an expanding, successful company and great team to work in – we are always looking for exceptional people.
MD, Ballard Chalmers
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT US