Role: Software Development Project Manager
Job Type: Permanent, full-time
Location: East Grinstead, West Sussex
Salary: £50,000 – £60,000 dependent on experience.
We are looking to hire a Software Development Project Manager to own the coordination and delivery of multiple software development deliveries, often with a large integration focus. The solutions delivered are both Greenfield, and enhancements to existing systems, within the Microsoft Stack including SharePoint, BizTalk & .NET/SQL (both on-premises and in the cloud).
Whilst not a development role, the work involves some hands on technical involvement where appropriate, including testing and deployment activities.
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for leading and managing multiple projects from initiation through to delivery. You will work day-to-day directly with the Development, Design and QA team members and continuously stay in touch with clients.
The candidate must take a balanced view of delivery of solutions across time, cost and quality and be able to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
The ideal candidate would have previously worked as a developer, automated tester or systems analyst and progressed into a project management role, leading technical resources.
Role and Responsibilities
- Handling multiple ongoing engagements, while maintaining the highest personal and team standards of quality, on time delivery, and client satisfaction.
- Provide technical guidance and feedback to clients and liaise and review at a technical level with the delivery team members
- To anticipate, manage and resolve issues, risks and dependencies that may impact on the delivery of your projects.
- To act as a first point of contact for all problems and obstacles on a project
- To ensure that all projects are delivered with quality as a priority and that appropriate levels of testing and technical governance is carried out.
- Budgetary control and reporting ensuring costs are managed to agreed estimate
Required Skills and Experience
- Previous first-hand development experience in the Microsoft stack – minimum 3 years
- Previous experience working in web or software development, with a current knowledge of technology and a thorough understanding of web and software development processes.
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to motivate people
- Effective leadership skills
- Ability to work with staff and individuals from different organisations and at different levels of seniority
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Evidence of analytical, investigative and problem solving abilities
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise a varied and substantial workload
- Previous experience in a fast-paced, client-driven environment – ideally external clients
- Experience of working on software development projects and the associated project teams across the full software development life cycle, including analysis, design, development, testing and implementation
- An excellent project management track record, involving both small and large and multi-faceted projects
- The ability to converse confidently with both technical and non-technical people.
- The ability to choose the right methodology for the project. The flexibility to fit in with existing production processes; comfortable with Matrix management.
- Knowledge and practical experience of multiple Project delivery methodologies including agile/scrum.
- Experience of working with teams using Visual Studio Online/Team Foundation Server.
- Bespoke Software Project Management: 3 years
- Microsoft Stack Development Experience: 3 years
This position is for individual application only – strictly no agencies please.
Letter from our Managing Director
Ballard Chalmers takes pride in consistently delivering top-quality services for our clients. We value our employees’ and associates’ innovation and we have a keen interest in the personal and technical development of our staff. We understand that an organisation is only the sum of its people and technical people need new challenges!
By maintaining these core people-based values as we have grown, we have built an excellent organisation that consistently achieves great results and we are all proud of our team.
Together we have created a really good environment to work in including the office based here in Sussex, client-site contracts in London and elsewhere, as well as home-working opportunities which we always support where we can.
You are welcome to apply to join us and be a part of an expanding, successful company and great team to work in – we are always looking for exceptional people.
MD Ballard Chalmers