Role: Principal Architect/Consultant – .NET, Azure
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Remote Working
Schedule: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm (flexible schedules available)
A UK-based Principal Architect/Consultant experienced in developing systems using the latest .NET and Azure technologies is required by a leading UK Microsoft Partner Consultancy.
Ballard Chalmers specialises in software design, development and ongoing support for enterprise systems on the Microsoft platform for deployment on the Microsoft Cloud, as well as on-premises and hybrid systems. Our areas of expertise are Microsoft .NET & Azure, SQL Server and BizTalk Server. With over 30 years of industry experience and as a Microsoft Partner with 5 Solution Partner Designations, we have a well-earned reputation for delivering our expert services.
Ballard Chalmers is part of the Transparity Group, an Azure Expert MSP and Microsoft Partner.
About the role
We are looking for a Principal Architect/Consultant with solid architect and development experience who can advise clients on development and cloud technologies, carry out pre-sales work and consulting engagements, and design and oversee the implementation and development of new systems.
The successful candidate should be able to get involved in all aspects of the development cycle.
You should have 15+ years of software development experience and should be able to use your knowledge and expertise to provide solutions to complex business problems. You will be someone with Microsoft Consultancy Practice experience.
- Degree level in a technical subject area.
- Strong communication skills and client-facing experience
- Experience in carrying out pre-sales work and consultancy work including estimating for development-related .NET and Azure systems and delivering client consultancy services.
- Experience in carrying out development-related .NET and Azure consulting engagements
- Up to date and highly proficient in core Microsoft technologies: .NET Core. C#, T-SQL, MVC and Web API
- Solid knowledge of single-page application design and frameworks such as Angular and React
- Understanding of implementing and managing automated testing
- Good understanding of the Azure infrastructure and key services such as Azure Functions, Logic Apps, App Services, SQL Azure and CosmosDB
- Experience with Azure DevOps CI/CD Build and Release pipelines
- Understanding of Lean/Agile methodologies
- Clear ability to technically mentor, improve & inspire others as the team grows
We are specifically looking for someone that has the ability to:
- Provide high-level technical expert consultancy to clients in Azure app modernisation, development and integration
- Lead the design and architecture of high-quality, complex systems and software
- Prepare, review and analyse software specifications for complex products and systems
- Provide accurate resource, schedule and cost estimating for consulting work, software development and deployment projects
- Lead the development, test and integration of complex systems involving multiple teams and third parties
- Interact with clients and third parties and provide the bridge between technical and non-technical elements of the project delivery
- Software Development: 15 years
- Azure: 3 years
- Architect: 4 years
Strictly no agencies, please.
APPLY NOW BELOW