Role: Technical Architect – Data Platform & Business Intelligence
Location: Remote Working
Schedule: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm (flexible schedules available)
A UK-based Technical Architect experienced in Data Management and Business Intelligence on the latest Microsoft and Azure technologies is required by a leading UK Microsoft Gold Partner Consultancy.
Ballard Chalmers specialises in software design, development and ongoing support for enterprise systems on the Microsoft platform for deployment on the Microsoft Cloud, as well as on-premises and hybrid systems. Our areas of expertise are Microsoft .NET & Azure, SQL Server and BizTalk Server. With over 30 years of industry experience and as a Microsoft Partner with 5 Gold Competencies, we have a well-earned reputation for delivering our expert services.
Ballard Chalmers is part of the Transparity Group, a Microsoft Gold Partner and Azure Expert MSP.
About the role
We are looking for a hands-on Technical Architect with solid architect and development experience in the areas of data and business intelligence, in particular the Modern Data Warehouse BI tools in Azure.
Someone who likes to get involved in all aspects of the development cycle. As well as experience in leading and guiding developers within a development project to help ensure the project is running smoothly within the estimated time.
You should have 10+ years of Data Management and Business Intelligence experience and should be able to use your knowledge and expertise to provide solutions to complex business problems. You will be someone with Microsoft Consultancy Practice experience.
- Degree level in a technical subject area.
Technical Skills Required:
- SQL Server, SQL Azure and T-SQL. Managing large databases. Performance Tuning
- Azure Synapse Analytics
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Data Lakes
- Azure Analysis Services
- Apache Spark and Azure Databricks
- Power BI
- Knowledge of SSIS, SSRS and SSAS
- Data warehouse schema design including a solid understanding of Kimball and Inmon
- ETL process design including optimisation using incremental loads
- Lead the design and development of high-quality data and business intelligence systems
- Prepare, review and analyse software specifications for complex products and systems
- Strong communication skills and client-facing experience
- Experience in managing a team of developers
- Understanding of Lean/Agile methodologies
- Understanding of implementing and managing automated testing
- Data Management and Business Intelligence: 10+ years
Benefits of Working at Ballard Chalmers
At Ballard Chalmers, you work with experienced professionals at the top of their game. As Microsoft specialists, we are very tech-specific, meaning you can use your deep Microsoft technical expertise to solve a variety of interesting and challenging technical/business requirements. We do not micro-manage and pride ourselves in hiring the best, and then letting you do what you do best.
We have developers celebrating 10 and 15-year anniversaries with us this year — nothing can demonstrate better our commitment to creating a company where you will enjoy working.
Strictly no agencies, please
APPLY NOW BELOW