The API Portal, fully open source in GitHub, is now generally available. This tool is an automatically generated website that is fully customisable with your API documentation. It is free and doesn’t require writing any code.
What you need to know
You can check out the Microsoft overview which covers the new capabilities.
Here are just a few examples of what you can expect:
- Create a modern API Portal with REST API reference pages.
- Customise your portal using a drag-and-drop editor.
- Track source code changes.
- Automate portal deployments with GitHub Actions.
- Host the site for free on GitHub Pages.
- Release your branded portal to external customers.
Keep in mind the previous portal is now legacy and is only receiving security updates until its complete retirement in October 2023. Now is the time to begin getting to know the new portal.