With our Software Development Outsourcing service, we take responsibility for your custom software development projects, leaving your in-house team to continue with their day-to-day operations.
How Ballard Chalmers can help you
Here at Ballard Chalmers, we provide you with a project team whose core focus is the delivery of your custom software development. Always designed to your specifications and delivered on-time and in-budget.
We work quickly, professionally and practically to meet your requirements. Our custom software development process includes design, development, integration, optimisation, and testing for a range of applications. As well as deployments and post-live application support and managed services, as required.
As a Microsoft Gold Partner, we use the latest in Microsoft enterprise technology to build custom software in the cloud on Azure, on-premises, or as a hybrid cloud/on-premises system.
You may perhaps be uncertain which route is best for your organisation – our experts can help guide you through the process to identify the best fit.
Our cloud team are Azure experts and our mobile development team specializes in cross-platform development with Xamarin. While our integration specialists are BizTalk and Azure Logic Apps experts.
We’d like you to consider us as an extension of your own in-house IT department and you can use us to increase your capacity to deliver, when required, without overstretching your own team.
We can provide Application Development for:
- Azure Hosting
- SQL Server
- Xamarin Applications
- SharePoint Server
- BizTalk Server
- .NET Systems
- Bespoke enterprise software
- Legacy systems
Based on a 20-year heritage of collaboration with clients in various industry sectors, we have earned a deep understanding of the nature and quirks of both the Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
As such, we have evolved our own Flexible Development system of delivery, which is a practical blend of Waterfall and Agile. With it we are guaranteeing our expertise, honesty and partnership to deliver successful project outcomes, on time and in budget.
The process is typically three-phased, after each one the project can either progress or not:
- An initial outline scope and high-level budget for a project, usually free of charge.
- We then undertake a more detailed initial scoping, working together with the client, which, depending on the size of the project, is usually just a few days of consultancy.
- Next is the design phase which is intended to validate the initial scoping and detail that fully enough to move into system coding proper. This phase typically will take several weeks, depending on the size of the project and for smaller jobs won’t be required at all.
Our Custom Software Development Service at Ballard Chalmers
Here at Ballard Chalmers, we work closely and consultatively so that your full business requirements are captured and analysed, ensuring that business processes are reflected in the software architecture and that designs are streamlined, efficient and flow logically. Suitable design, architecture and user experience are essential to systems that function very well.
Our experts can help you at any point in the software development cycle and have extensive experience of doing so for clients across a range of industries. We work with you to understand your requirements and translate this into reliable code to deliver a system that meets expectations and, most importantly, works.
Our Software Development Process:
- Environment configuration (covers multiple deployments to TEST, UAT and LIVE)
- Sprint planning & reviews
- UAT testing support
After custom software development projects are delivered, we offer:
- Mentoring and handover to your internal tech team if required
- Optional on-going support for your system, in line with an agreed Service Level Agreement.
- Azure hosting, Managed Services and licensing, if required.
Our UK Development Team
Here at Ballard Chalmers we have a highly-skilled, dedicated and collaborative team.
From creating your architectural designs, finding better ways of implementing software, to writing the code or designing user interfaces, we can be your software development partner. We can be an outsourced extension of your own team.
Your project will be lead technically by CTO – Geoff Ballard and administratively by our Delivery Manager, while our Managing Director Andrew Chalmers will maintain an oversight role. With this, the leadership of Ballard Chalmers will remain fully engaged throughout the project to ensure a successful outcome.
The development team will be selected from our staff of expert software engineers based on suitability and availability when the project is assigned.
We provide you with a comprehensive team of experts, both technical and administrative, to ensure your project is completed on-time, in-budget and to all of your expectations.
- CTO: Responsible for the overall technical delivery of the project.
- Delivery Manager: Responsible administratively for the delivery as a whole.
- Project Manager: Will track all time spent against budget and will produce a comprehensive weekly report on the status of your project
- Technical Lead: Will lead the team technically, will liaise with the users, testers and will be responsible for producing the EPICs and the system as a whole technically.
- Senior Engineers: Suitably qualified and very experienced software engineers will be assigned to develop the software application with as many other developers as required.
- Test Engineer: Will devise tests, supervise developer testing and report on test results.
UK Development Outsourcing Vs Nearshore or Offshore Development Outsourcing
Excellent custom software development outsourcing relies on your IT partner fully understanding what you, the customer requires. After all, the reason for selecting the custom software option is usually in order that it is tailor-made to your brief. Directly addressing the pain points and resolving them in the best way possible.
With a UK-based partner such as Ballard Chalmers, you get expert developers, managers versed in UK business, local offices and smooth and easy communication – including regular face to face meetings.
The biggest reason most people look at offshore or nearshore software development outsourcing tends to be lower cost. Though this is certainly an important factor, and probably works best with massive enterprise projects where a lot of repetitive work is needed, development can also take longer through offshore outsourcing. So any potential cost-benefit in the initial lower headline rates can be lost.
Why Ballard Chalmers
Heritage:We were established in 2005, though our heritage is much longer. We have over 30 years’ industry experience creating large software development projects for organizations such as TFL, NHS, TalkTalk and more.
Experience:We have a long track record of successfully delivering development outsourcing projects, including for many major local and international clients.
Microsoft Gold Partners:Only the top 5% of Microsoft Partners have attained Microsoft competencies and Gold demonstrates best-in-class. Our engineers also gain individual Microsoft certifications to ensure you are always getting the best.
Working with a team that has such a breadth of fintech and custom software engineering knowledge helped us forecast challenges in the build even before they arose and work to an effective delivery plan, on time and in budget. We couldn’t be happier with our partnership with Ballard Chalmers, who has delivered on all fronts.
CEO, Square Marble Technology