Today, both application development and modernisation involve a journey to the cloud – be it hybrid, public or private cloud applications. As an Azure consultancy partner, Ballard Chalmers provides Azure consultancy services that can ultimately result in professional Azure applications that will ensure efficiency and cost savings – literally transforming the way our clients do business.
SOME OF OUR Azure Consultancy ENGAGEMENTS
AZURE SERVERLESS COMPUTING
Back in the day, actual physical Microsoft computers had to be installed and commissioned. This was followed by VMs (virtual machines) which, at the time were a great step forward technologically. VMs, however, still required actual servers which had to be managed and backed up. All of this came at a cost. A cost that has been vastly reduced by the use of Serverless Computing which allows applications to be both developed and deployed without any reference to actual, physical servers.
Our Azure Consulting team can help you with:
- ASP.NET Web API – Advice and support on the development of REST APIs for web applications and other services.
- Angular/React Single Page Apps – Advice and support on the development of single page applications (SPA) involving dynamically rewriting the current web page with new data from a server, instead of loading an entirely new page.
- Azure App Services – Advice and support on building scalable web applications to give the end-user access to the back-end data and logic.
- Azure Storage – Advice and support on replacing on-premises file shares with scalable and cheap storage in the cloud, opening access to APIs and end-users as needed.
- Azure SQL Database & Azure Cosmos DB – Providing advice and support on the development of seamless scaling and global replication for your SQL and non-SQL data.
- Azure Active Directory and Azure B2C – Advice and support on authorising access to your applications and services in the cloud with Microsoft’s best practices in security.
This is our Azure consultants’ preferred architecture for modern application development in the cloud.
Azure Consultancy Case Studies
Featured Azure case study
Ballard Chalmers was brought in as an Azure outsourcing company, for the implementation of a web-based Business Portal for Good Energy. This portal would allow Business Customers to gain access to their accounts and to self-manage those accounts.
The portal exposes a collection of business applications, each of which will apply to a subset of business customers. The main goal of the platform is to show businesses how the energy generated by local generators is supplied to them throughout the day.
In partnering with Ballard Chalmers, we were able deliver within project timescales what would traditionally have been on-premises Microsoft Biztalk applications as scalable Azure PaaS solutions.
Group Head of IT – EVO Group
We look forward to working with Ballard Chalmers as we enhance our ability to support the 3.3 million Policyholders who have chosen us in the last twelve months and provide operationally excellent systems and infrastructure for the future.
– CEO, Coverwise
Moving our Global ERP System from an on-premises solution to a cloud hybrid solution presented some technical challenges during design and implementation phases. Ballard Chalmers consultants provided the skills and expertise needed to successfully complete the project. We are extremely happy with the end result and the service provided by Ballard Chalmers.
Head of IT EMEA and Global Networks – Imagination
Ballard Chalmers undertook further development to an existing application. They were very quick to understand our requirements, were able to create a complete test environment within Azure in record fast time, fully understood the the existing connectivity solution into our back end systems and provided further enhancements and ongoing support.
IT Manager – Jacksons Fencing
Get a free quote from one our Azure Consultancy Experts
Are you looking into the development of a new application, looking to modernise an existing one, considering integration of your systems, or wishing to move applications to a cloud based format? If so, we can help. Our in-house consultants have the knowledge and experience to provide the support and confidence you need to succeed, whatever your requirements.
Start a conversation regarding your custom software development and application engineering consultancy requirements:
- Request a no-cost initial, informal review: Discuss with one of our experts, how we can provide help and advice with the modernisation and cloud migration of your existing custom enterprise applications.
- Let’s discuss your new custom development needs: Our experts can help you with qualified advice on how to get started, or take the next steps with your Microsoft-platform custom development project.
- Find out which service is right for you: Our experts can complete a full custom-development consultancy project, provide short-term consulting, and short or long-term ongoing consultancy support.
Azure also supports Containers, such as Docker, which are the latest form of virtualisation. These lightweight virtual machines contain parts of larger applications and can be rapidly deployed and managed independently to deliver microservices architecture.
With our extensive knowledge and experience in the development and support of Azure, we can also provide consultancy services for Containers such as Docker, which is supported by Microsoft Azure.
Containers are virtual machines and the latest form of visualisation. They contain parts of larger applications, allowing rapid deployment and management, to independently deliver microservices architecture.
Azure SQL Database and Storage Solutions
We have extensive database expertise, enabling us to provide consultancy services second to none. We can unlock the full potential of your data, no matter where it is located. Data management is quite literally in our DNA.
Azure Identity Management
Azure Identity Management supports our clients users identity and access management needs. In our modern world of collaboration and data sharing between globally based organisations, we have the experience and expertise to provide timely and meaningful support to our clients.
Move your Azure apps to the cloud with Azure partner, Ballard Chalmers