Today, both application development and modernisation involve a journey to the cloud – be it hybrid, public or private cloud applications. As an Azure development partner, Ballard Chalmers delivers software engineering in the cloud and is committed to developing Azure applications to drive efficiency, save on costs and provide the widest choice of intelligent services for our clients — as you transform the way you do business.
SOME OF OUR Azure Development Platform ENGAGEMENTS
AZURE SERVERLESS COMPUTING
Serverless Computing saves money by allowing applications to be developed and deployed with no reference to actual servers. The days when a physical computer needed to be commissioned with Windows installed and configured were followed by Virtual Machines (VMs). VMs were a great innovation, but they were still servers that needed to be patched, backed up and managed.
Our Azure development team can help you with:
- ASP.NET Web API – develop REST APIs for web applications and other services to consume.
- Angular/React Single Page Apps – develop single page applications (SPA) by dynamically rewriting the current web page with new data from a server, instead of loading an entirely new page.
- Azure App Services – build scalable web applications to give the end-user access to the back-end data and logic.
- Azure Storage – replace on-premises file shares with scalable and cheap storage in the cloud, opening access to APIs and end-users as needed.
- Azure SQL Database & Azure Cosmos DB – providing seamless scaling and global replication for your SQL and non-SQL data.
- Azure Active Directory and Azure B2C – authorising access to your applications and services in the cloud with Microsoft’s best practices in security.
This is our Azure developers’ preferred architecture for modern application development in the cloud.
Moving our Global ERP System from an on-premises solution to a cloud hybrid solution presented some technical challenges during design and implementation phases. Ballard Chalmers consultants provided the skills and expertise needed to successfully complete the project. We are extremely happy with the end result and the service provided by Ballard Chalmers.
Head of IT EMEA and Global Networks – Imagination
Ballard Chalmers undertook further development to an existing application. They were very quick to understand our requirements, were able to create a complete test environment within Azure in record fast time, fully understood the the existing connectivity solution into our back end systems and provided further enhancements and ongoing support.
IT Manager – Jacksons Fencing
We look forward to working with Ballard Chalmers as we enhance our ability to support the 3.3 million Policyholders who have chosen us in the last twelve months and provide operationally excellent systems and infrastructure for the future.
– CEO, Coverwise
In partnering with Ballard Chalmers, we were able deliver within project timescales what would traditionally have been on-premises Microsoft Biztalk applications as scalable Azure PaaS solutions.
Group Head of IT – EVO Group
Azure Development Platform Case Studies
Featured Azure development case study
Ballard Chalmers was brought in as an Azure outsourcing company, for the implementation of a web-based Business Portal for Good Energy. This portal would allow Business Customers to gain access to their accounts and to self-manage those accounts.
The portal exposes a collection of business applications, each of which will apply to a subset of business customers. The main goal of the platform is to show businesses how the energy generated by local generators is supplied to them throughout the day.
Get a free quote from one our Azure development experts
Our Azure developers are highly trained and certified through Microsoft in their respective areas. We are available for custom development outsourcing, resourcing or support.
Here at Ballard Chalmers, we specialise in developing custom software on time and in budget. Specifically developing new cloud-native applications or moving legacy systems to Azure with recoding and rearchitecting to make the most of what Azure applications have to offer.
As a Microsoft Partner with four solution area designations and multiple specialisations, our Azure developers have proven their expertise through certification, client success and more. Our work is all about helping you reach your business goals.
Azure also supports Containers, such as Docker, which are the latest form of virtualisation. These lightweight virtual machines contain parts of larger applications and can be rapidly deployed and managed independently to deliver microservices architecture.
Containerised applications can be developed and managed faster with Azure. As an Azure firm, Ballard Chalmers uses containers to isolate software from its surroundings and provide non-conflicting environments across teams.
Our Azure development team can help you with:
- Azure Container Registry – store and manage container images in a central registry.
- Azure Container Instance – quickly launch containers with hypervisor isolation.
- Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) – provision clusters of containers using a highly available, secure and fully managed Kubernetes service.
- Azure Containers Apps – a fully managed serverless container service.
- Docker – use a leading container platform that is truly independent between apps and infrastructure.
AZURE DATABASES AND STORAGE SOLUTIONS
Ballard Chalmers’ extensive database expertise means that unlocking the potential of your data regardless of location is pre-built into our DNA.
Azure SQL Database
Azure SQL Database provides a fully-managed relational cloud database service. Built-in intelligence learns your app patterns and optimises to maximise the performance and security of applications while reducing the costs of running and managing databases. Dynamic scaling makes it possible for the database to respond to rapidly changing resource requirements, so you only pay for what you use when you use it.
Azure Cosmos Database
Azure Cosmos DB is the intelligent, relational NoSQL cloud database built to accelerate application development and improve productivity. Fully integrated language extensions help users find patterns and identify relationships, while also allowing MongoDB, Cassandra and Gremlin support.
Azure Storage Solutions
Azure Storage offers a range of versatile and highly scalable storage options for structured and unstructured data. Ballard Chalmers matches application needs to the right storage solution and delivers you a flexible pay-as-you-use solution.
As an Azure practice, we provide expert help in:
- File – simple and inexpensive, lift and shift distributed cross-platform file system.
- Disk – enterprise-grade, low latency high throughput storage with automatic triple replication.
- Blob – cost-effective for massive volumes of unstructured data.
- Queues – asynchronous message queuing for large-volume cloud services.
Move your Azure apps to the cloud with Azure partner, Ballard Chalmers
Azure Identity Management
In a world of global collaboration and sharing, Azure practice, Ballard Chalmers can support your users’ identity and access management needs using Azure Identity Management.
Azure Active Directory
Azure Active Directory protects and manages employees’ identities and provides employee self-service.
Azure Active Directory B2C
- Protect and manage customers’ identities.
- Create login experiences in minutes.
- Protect each customer’s identity.
- Create an identity experience across mobile and web.
- Scale to hundreds of millions of customers and billions of authentications per day.
- Easily utilise existing accounts from Microsoft, Google, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Azure Compute Capabilities
Azure App Service
Quickly create powerful cloud apps for both web and mobile using Azure App Service.
- Use the framework language of your choice
- Tight integration provided to Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code
- CI/CD made simple with Use Azure DevOps, GIT, GitHub, GitHub Actions, Docker Hub and more
- High availability with uptime of 99.95%
- Scale globally across all Azure regions.
Azure Functions improves end to end developer experience with an event-driven, serverless compute platform that helps solve complex orchestration problems.