Ballard Chalmers’ team of SharePoint development experts can customise your environment to meet your specific requirements and assist your teams in making use of all the functionality this technology offers. We can deliver SharePoint solutions using all the development models available.
Ballard Chalmers’ SharePoint expertise is focussed on developing custom SharePoint solutions for business process and business applications.
From the classic on-premises full trust applications, to web-based solutions using script editor web parts, through to the very latest SharePoint Framework (SPFx) deployments and low-code solutions with Power Automate (Flow) and Power Apps, our experts can help you with your custom software development with this technology.
Our consultants can engage with you to understand what you are trying to achieve, demonstrate what the platform can do without any coding to meet your needs and suggest ways to extend the platform with custom development when needed.
From objective management systems to lifeboat station auditing applications, client document repositories to safety and quality management process tracking, full Intranet to online telemedicine solutions, we have developed systems based on SharePoint that make the most of organisations’ investments in Microsoft products.
Our software engineers and consultants can help you with:
- SPFx webparts and extensions – develop custom solutions using React/Angular/Typescript to meet your specific requirements.
- PnP Initiatives – utilise the best community driven code to help structure your environment.
- PowerShell scripting – create custom scripts to assist with managing your SharePoint environment.
- Power Apps and Power Automate (Flow) – develop low-code solutions to replace manual business processes with user friendly and multi-device solutions.
- Bots – develop Bots for users to interact via Microsoft Teams or through SharePoint itself to discover content or get business processes done in a user-friendly way.
- SharePoint Add-Ins and Farm Solutions – develop solutions that work on-premises and/or in the cloud to extend the out of the box capabilities.
- Integration of third party applications – build access to other on-premises or cloud systems such as Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics to give your teams one portal to work in.
SHAREPOINT CONSULTING & IMPLEMENTATION
SharePoint is a very powerful solution and is a significant investment for organisations, so service owners should always make the most of what they can use through configuration.
Our software consultants have experience of all areas of SharePoint, from implementation to migration, governance through to training and the ongoing question of on-premises vs the cloud. Our team can support your projects, using our experience across many industries and projects to reduce the risk of expensive mistakes.
We can help you with:
- Implementation & Administration– installing SharePoint environments for on-premises or configuring SharePoint Online tenants to meet the needs of the organisation.
- Migration – moving content from either existing environments, fileshares or other platforms in to the cloud or newer versions of SharePoint, using the appropriate third-party tools when required, or making use of scripts to automate the migration and test.
- Health Checks – protect your investment by reviewing the condition of your SharePoint farm and recommending/implementing performance enhancements.
SharePoint Server Team Augmentation
If your in-house team is already in the process of developing your SharePoint solution but you are lacking certain skills or simply enough hands on the job them SharePoint Server Resourcing is your answer.
SharePoint Team Augmentation gives you:
- Increased delivery speed
- Additional skills in the team
- Urgent tasks completed rapidly
Without the hassle of:
- Hiring or recruitment costs
- The time-consuming hiring process
- Time lost on ‘people-management’
SharePoint team augmentation is the flexible and scalable way of running your in-house IT team.
SharePoint Server Support
Once your SharePoint development is complete it comes the time for SharePoint application support. SharePoint services require support to keep running in optimum condition. So, protect your investment with regular health checks, performance enhancements and bug fixes.
Make the most of your organisation’s investments in Microsoft products with access to SharePoint engineers, not helpdesk staff to fix bugs, resolve issues and provide advice and mentoring where required.
SharePoint Server Case Studies
We had an initial meeting with Ballard Chalmers and were immediately confident that they were the right fit for us. We’ve now been working with Ballard Chalmers for almost a year and a half and they’ve assisted us in several areas including SharePoint Support and SharePoint consultancy to help us migrate from a 3rd party intranet solution to ‘Modern’ SharePoint Online.
CIO – United Living
Ballard Chalmers consultancy and development expertise has been key in helping us capitalise on our existing investment in Microsoft SharePoint 2007 and helping us deliver an effective solution to the business. We look forward to working in partnership with them as we continue to enhance and develop our SharePoint system.
CEO – Appleyards
They’ve done a great job explaining everything to me, in a technical way and not as a sales pitch. The team demonstrated how to most effectively use SharePoint for the organization, including what tools can be changed and manipulated to best suit the portal.
IT Manager – Children’s non-profit
We had limited time to find an onsite SharePoint resource but they quickly responded to our request. They understood our needs and the project we were trying to achieve, providing us with an excellent and qualified contractor despite very short notice. We were highly impressed with their efficiency and professionalism in customer service.
Knowledge Manager (Systems) Lawyer – Norton Rose Fulbright
Ballard Chalmers have been providing support and development for our SharePoint projects having picked up and un-entangled where others left. Their work with us has had a good balance of corporate professionalism and personal engagement.
IT Manager – Young Epilepsy
Ballard Chalmers has been key in leveraging our investment in SharePoint and helping us deliver an effective solution to the business. We look forward to working in partnership with them as we continue to enhance and develop our SharePoint services.
Group Head of IT – Housing and Care Services
I would highly recommend them for their SharePoint knowledge and willingness to always seek to understand what you want and then to recommend the right solution
CIO – Oxford Computer Group
Ballard Chalmers helped with the development of a membership intranet, underpinned by Sharepoint. The team there have an impressive depth of knowledge on many aspects of Sharepoint. This, coupled with rigorous testing, ensured that no issues were established with the service after it went live.
Director – Phormium IT
This was our first experience of working with Ballard Chalmers. They did a great job of working to our style of project management (e.g. through issues management) and allowed us to deliver the upgrade and redesign of SharePoint that we wanted, whilst adhering to best practice.
ICT Service Development Manager – CHP
We’ve used Ballard Chalmers for Sharepoint consultancy and been very happy about the services provided. Everyone has been extremely professional and helpful. In particular, Geoff inspired confidence from the outset, Susan has shown great patience and diplomatic skills and Stephen has been absolutely outstanding – an excellent can do attitude and great technical skills.
SharePoint Project Manager – OPP