The Ballard Chalmers SharePoint Health Check helps to protect your investment by reviewing the condition of your SharePoint farm. Improve user experience and time to collaborate by understanding exactly which changes will have the greatest impact.
SharePoint Health Check
SharePoint will give fast and trouble-free service, but as demand grows some systems now have to cope with hundreds of times the data they were originally designed for.
In addition, as systems are modified to take advantage of more and more of the vast range of features that SharePoint offers, the configuration becomes less than optimal and performance issues can result.
The Ballard Chalmers SharePoint Health Check helps to protect your investment by reviewing the condition of your SharePoint farm.
We look at your system from both technical and business points of view. We report any urgent remedial actions needed, and advise you on longer-range strategic improvements.
The SharePoint Health Check can be done by our consultants remotely or on-site, and usually takes two days. Minor repairs that can be done on the spot are completed, and a full report is prepared detailing deeper repairs and enhancements that should be planned.
Our SharePoint Health Check includes reviewing:
- The SharePoint topology, identifying the level of Disaster recovery available and confirming an appropriate spread of roles in the SharePoint server farm
- A system load review of Server health of each SharePoint Server, including looking at Event logs for issues
- What applications the SharePoint farm is being utilised for
- The methods of accessing SharePoint, such as remote access, and the authentication mechanisms
- A high-level review of what developments are installed on the Server farm
- SQL Server databases as SQL Server health is fundamental to the health of the SharePoint farm
- IIS for appropriate and consistent configuration across Web Front End servers
- A review of the backup and restore provision for the SharePoint farm
- A review against a series of best practice recommendations developed by ourselves based on our experience with many different SharePoint environments
- A review of Security Rules
Discovering the cause of common errors including:
- search not working
- backup and restore issues
- performance issues
- slow initial load
- slow page load
- slow startup
- error on page
- document not found errors
- frequent login required
- https problem
- head only problem
- workflow errors
- list cannot be displayed in datasheet view’
Ready to talk?