Ballard Chalmers’ Power Platform and SharePoint expertise can assist your team in making use of all the functionality this technology offers. We deliver SharePoint solutions using all the development models available.
SOME OF OUR The Power Platform and SharePoint Server ENGAGEMENTS
Power Apps, Power Automate and Power Virtual Agents
The Power Platform allows a Power user to quickly create productivity applications and workflows in Office 365, Teams and more.
When applications are relatively simple and need to be developed rapidly then the Power Platform is the tool to use. We have developers expert in PowerApps, Power Automate and Power Virtual Agents.
For SharePoint development Power Apps and Automate are regularly used.
Ballard Chalmers has experience of developing for the Power Platform as part of enterprise development and understands how to best use these tools in an enterprise-level Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) that involves:
- Environments (DEV, TEST, UAT, LIVE, …)
- Versioning and Release management
Our developers can help customise what’s important and automate repetitive tasks. Using hundreds of pre-made connectors we can create enterprise-scale workflows which save you time and allow you to focus on strategy and high-value possibilities.
- Boost productivity
- Use Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Tap into AI capabilities
For more about our work with Power BI, check out our Azure Modern Data Warehouse page.
I would like you to convey my appreciation for the professional faultless support we continue to receive from Ballard Chalmers. From installation to the completion of the SharePoint application and subsequent support, they have shown expert knowledge.
IT Manager – Plastic Logic
The biggest improvements and changes have been related to the databases and proper reporting. We changed over to SQL Server Reporting and that’s been working really well. They’ve helped us build standards reporting and helped us present that data with SharePoint. They also help build statistical analyses.
Head of IT – Young Epilepsy
Ballard Chalmers helped with the development of a membership intranet, underpinned by Sharepoint. The team there have an impressive depth of knowledge on many aspects of Sharepoint. This, coupled with rigorous testing, ensured that no issues were established with the service after it went live.
Director – Phormium IT
We had an initial meeting with Ballard Chalmers and were immediately confident that they were the right fit for us. We’ve now been working with Ballard Chalmers for almost a year and a half and they’ve assisted us in several areas including SharePoint Support and SharePoint consultancy to help us migrate from a 3rd party intranet solution to ‘Modern’ SharePoint Online.
CIO – United Living
PowerApps was included with our Office 365 licenses, so when Ballard Chalmers proposed this as our solution it enabled us to have a cost-effective, easy to use application, delivered within very tight timescales. The product itself is very flexible, so it needed a flexible approach and good collaboration, which we certainly got from the Ballard Chalmers team.
IT Consultant – Parkinson’s UK
Ballard Chalmers has been key in leveraging our investment in SharePoint and helping us deliver an effective solution to the business. We look forward to working in partnership with them as we continue to enhance and develop our SharePoint services.
Group Head of IT – Housing and Care Services
I would highly recommend them for their SharePoint knowledge and willingness to always seek to understand what you want and then to recommend the right solution
CIO – Oxford Computer Group
We have been using Ballard Chalmers for support of our SharePoint intranet for over three years now and the level of service has been outstanding. They have also developed a number of bespoke applications for us. The solutions they have delivered have been reliable and solid and we have very rarely had to re-visit them. I find it difficult to find any criticism of the service they provide.
Application Support Engineer – Tokyo Electron
Ballard Chalmers consultancy and development expertise has been key in helping us capitalise on our existing investment in Microsoft SharePoint 2007 and helping us deliver an effective solution to the business. We look forward to working in partnership with them as we continue to enhance and develop our SharePoint system.
CEO – Appleyards
I was impressed with their flexible approach. PowerApps are customizable, which makes them very easy to configure and change. They delivered a high-quality solution. It’s difficult to deliver on cost and quality when it’s only two days of development, but they did.
Manager – Charity
The Power Platform and SharePoint Server Case Studies
Ballard Chalmers’ SharePoint expertise is focussed on developing custom SharePoint solutions for business process and business applications.
From the classic on-premises full trust applications, to web-based solutions using script editor web parts, through to the very latest SharePoint Framework (SPFx) deployments and low-code solutions with Power Automate (Flow) and Power Apps, our experts can help you with your custom software development with this technology.
Our consultants can engage with you to understand what you are trying to achieve, demonstrate what the platform can do without any coding to meet your needs and suggest ways to extend the platform with custom development when needed.
From objective management systems to lifeboat station auditing applications, client document repositories to safety and quality management process tracking, full Intranet to online telemedicine solutions, we have developed systems based on SharePoint that make the most of organisations’ investments in Microsoft products.
Our software engineers and consultants can help you with:
- SPFx webparts and extensions – develop custom solutions using React/Angular/Typescript to meet your specific requirements.
- PnP Initiatives – utilise the best community driven code to help structure your environment.
- PowerShell scripting – create custom scripts to assist with managing your SharePoint environment.
- Power Apps and Power Automate (Flow) – develop low-code solutions to replace manual business processes with user friendly and multi-device solutions.
- Bots – develop Bots for users to interact via Microsoft Teams or through SharePoint itself to discover content or get business processes done in a user-friendly way.
- SharePoint Add-Ins and Farm Solutions – develop solutions that work on-premises and/or in the cloud to extend the out of the box capabilities.
- Integration of third party applications – build access to other on-premises or cloud systems such as Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics to give your teams one portal to work in.
SHAREPOINT CONSULTING & IMPLEMENTATION
SharePoint is a very powerful solution and is a significant investment for organisations, so service owners should always make the most of what they can use through configuration.
Our software consultants have experience of all areas of SharePoint, from implementation to migration, governance through to training and the ongoing question of on-premises vs the cloud. Our team can support your projects, using our experience across many industries and projects to reduce the risk of expensive mistakes.
We can help you with:
- Implementation & Administration– installing SharePoint environments for on-premises or configuring SharePoint Online tenants to meet the needs of the organisation.
- Migration – moving content from either existing environments, fileshares or other platforms in to the cloud or newer versions of SharePoint, using the appropriate third-party tools when required, or making use of scripts to automate the migration and test.
- Health Checks – protect your investment by reviewing the condition of your SharePoint farm and recommending/implementing performance enhancements.
SharePoint Server Team Augmentation
If your in-house team is already in the process of developing your SharePoint solution but you are lacking certain skills or simply enough hands on the job them SharePoint Server Resourcing is your answer. SharePoint team augmentation is the flexible and scalable way of running your in-house IT team.
SharePoint Team Augmentation gives you:
- Increased delivery speed
- Additional skills in the team
- Urgent tasks completed rapidly
- No hiring or recruitment costs
- No time-consuming hiring process
- Less time lost on ‘people-management’
SharePoint Server Support
Once your SharePoint development is complete it comes the time for SharePoint application support. SharePoint services require support to keep running in optimum condition. So, protect your investment with regular health checks, performance enhancements and bug fixes.
Make the most of your organisation’s investments in Microsoft products with access to SharePoint engineers (not helpdesk staff) to fix bugs, resolve issues and provide advice and mentoring where required.